Sunday, April 14, 2013

I recently wrote an essay for my SOSE class (Studies Of Society and Environment). The essay focused on government issues (e.g. manpower controls, censorship), women's rights, and the Australian home front in WWII (World War Two). For my creative piece I wrote a poem, which is shown below. Before you read it, just know that the way I wrote this poem is that I looked up rhyming words, and the ones I didn't know I looked up the meaning of. Also, unless you know a bit about the war, the poem may be confusing. I encourage you to look up some of the words used in the poem, and/or ask someone/look up some of the history of the war. Anyway, I hope you like it. Please comment/tick a box below this post. I'd really love some feedback! Oh, and don't forget to vote in the poll on the left!


Divination of God

It started with a declaration
Of war, all it lacked was motivation
Not abhor, they taught us liberation
We said encore, so what is this condemnation?


It’s not folklore. Don’t you see the cessation
Our claymore has caused, the duration
Of our onslaught, has resulted in stagflation.
Want more? This isn’t a narration


This is core, what once was a unique creation
Ended with a sword, now we have damnation
For all this blood we poured, and the foundation
Is what? Reasoning is poor. With negotiation

The countries foreswore, lovely carnations
Given in memory of before, the confirmation
Of rancour, so bitter-sweet was the demarcation
Of war, if only we had divination,
Of God.


© POPRose

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Pot Of Pebbles | Powered by Blogger | Happy Day Template designed by BlogSpot Design - Ngetik Dot Com