Monday, November 12, 2012

Hello everyone! I'm sorry it's been so long!
 
Here's a poem I wrote today for my creative writing class. I haven't been able to write a poem in ages, so I'm really glad I got this done today! I had to write about myself, and relate it the the five senses (touch, taste, smell, sight, sound).
 
 
My Poem (such a creative name, I know):
 
It's the simple things that I enjoy,
Like feathers soft as silk,
Or strawberries ripe as rain,
Or even chocolate milk.
 
I love the smell of old, strong books,
Their pages all worn through,
Or a bunch of wild roses,
Sporting tiny drops of dew.
 
I love the sound of singing birds,
Declaring spring has sprung,
Or bongos falling on the ears,
Of people, old and young.
 
Can you believe the fiery sun,
Which rises every day,
Turns the sky to pink and gold,
And we don't have to pay?
 
Remember, it's the simple things,
Like being soaked in rain,
Or smiles that are meant for you,
Which take away the pain.
 
© POPRose

2 comments:

© Pot Of Pebbles | Powered by Blogger | Happy Day Template designed by BlogSpot Design - Ngetik Dot Com