Sunday, March 4, 2012

DAILY WRITING

Day 8

A few days ago I was lying in bed talking to God. You know how you sometimes just lie there, chatting away, forgetting that He might have something to say as well? I stopped to listen, and this is what God showed me.
He really opened my eyes to the subject on friends. Lately I’d been feeling like I didn’t really know who my real friends are, and I thought this was a bad thing (a perfect example of my negative attitude, hey?).
But I suddenly realised that it may just be one of the biggest blessings to not know where you fit in.
Luke 14:12-14 says ‘Then Jesus said to his host, ‘When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or sisters, your relatives, or your rich neighbours; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.’’
I’ve decided that I’m going to start talking and spending time with those who are looked down on, those who don’t really fit in anywhere. A while ago I asked God for a challenge, and perhaps this is it. This just may be a whole ‘new season’ in my life.
So when we don’t feel like we fit in anywhere, and when we’re unsure of whom to trust, instead of thinking we are simply unlikable and not worth anything, we should go out of our way to help others in need.
I can’t remember who said it, but the quote goes ‘To have a friend is to be a friend’.
We can’t just sit and wait for someone to see that we have no friends. Instead of looking at the big picture and trying to find a group we can relate to, we need to look in the cracks, in the corners of the picture, search for the single people who feel the same way.
Besides, at least we know we will be rewarded for it with eternal treasures in Heaven!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Pot Of Pebbles | Powered by Blogger | Happy Day Template designed by BlogSpot Design - Ngetik Dot Com